The island 17th green attracts much of the attention each year as huge swarms of fans congregate on the human-made mounding beside the hole and create an electric atmosphere matched by few other venues.
The purpose-built mounds and slopes throughout the Pete Dye-designed course (which opened in 1980) were intended to give spectators unimpeded views of the action, which goes a long way to enhancing the viewing experience.
But what do YOU look for at a golf tournament to make it all worthwhile? It's the subject of this week's iSeekGolf Weekly Reader Poll.
- Free car parking (on-site & nearby)0%
- Cheap admission prices35%
- Heavily reduced food & beverage prices18%
- The ability to spectate while standing on the fairway (no ropes)6%
- More grandstand seating6%
- A 'party' hole12%
- More indoor viewing points on-course0%
Join the discussion on Weekly iSeekGolf.com Reader Poll to explain your vote each week. Visit Weekly Reader Poll Forum.
SIGN UP for the iSeekGolf forum.
Want video tips delivered straight to your inbox? Subscribe to iseekgolf.com newsletters.