The island 17th green attracts much of the attention each year as huge swarms of fans congregate on the human-made mounding beside the hole and create an electric atmosphere matched by few other venues.
The purpose-built mounds and slopes throughout the Pete Dye-designed course (which opened in 1980) were intended to give spectators unimpeded views of the action, which goes a long way to enhancing the viewing experience.
But what do YOU look for at a golf tournament to make it all worthwhile? It's the subject of this week's iSeekGolf Weekly Reader Poll.
- Free car parking (on-site & nearby)0%
- Cheap admission prices35%
- Heavily reduced food & beverage prices18%
- The ability to spectate while standing on the fairway (no ropes)6%
- More grandstand seating6%
- A 'party' hole12%
- More indoor viewing points on-course0%