We've compiled a list of 20 of Australia's shortest par-threes - excluding par-three courses and pitch and putt venues - to help you on your quest for a/another hole-in-one.
20. Beresfield Golf Club (NSW): 2nd hole
A gentle water carry is about the only obstacle on the short 2nd at Beresfield - an 11-hole course in Newcastle.
19. Woollahra Golf Club (NSW): 9th hole
Located right near Royal Sydney Golf Club, Woollahra doesn't share the same reputation as a world-class venue but it does offer everyone a chance at success. It's ninth hole is a case in point.
18. Cammeray Golf Club (NSW): 3rd hole
One of three par-threes at Cammeray, which plays as par-34 for women and par-33 for men.
17. Ivanhoe Golf Course (VIC): 12th hole
Slightly uphill, the short 12th is one of many birdie chances at Ivanhoe in Melbourne's north-west.
16. Oakleigh Golf Club (VIC): 5th hole
Another public access course in the Victorian capital, Oakleigh is a perfect beginner's course with seven par-threes (four of them under 112 metres) and only two par-fours.
15. Fox Hills Golf Club (NSW): 15th hole
Fox Hills' 15th is known as "Wee" and, according to the club's website, "overshooting the green is instant surrender."
14. Randwick Golf Club (NSW): 11th hole
Out of bounds lurks to the right of the 11th hole at Randwick in inner Sydney while Pacific Ocean views can be seen to the left.
13. Avalon Golf Course (NSW): 5th hole
"It's uphill so plays two clubs longer", says Avalon's PGA professional and course manager, Nick Griffin.
12. Balgowlah Golf Club (NSW): 2nd hole
Situated on Sydney's Northern Beaches, Balgowlah is considered by locals as one of the premier nine-hole courses in NSW.
11. Chinchilla Golf Club (QLD): 7th hole
"Water in front, trees line either side and out of bounds at the back of green," says club secretary Sarah Blond. "The green is built up high and the banks will spit your ball far from the surface should you miss."
10. Safety Beach Country Club (VIC): 4th hole
At Safety Beach on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula, there are 22 lakes to consider throughout the 18-hole public access layout but none at the short fourth hole.
9. Glenmore Heritage Valley (NSW): 25th hole
"The hole can play as short as 85m," says member Andrew Robb. "It still plays tough though as the green is only small at 15 metres wide by 16 metres deep."
8. Thredbo Golf Club (NSW): 6th hole
The shortest hole at the highest course in Australia.
7. Virginia Golf Club (QLD): 25th hole
"It’s possibly your best birdie chance on the Heritage Nine and with such a short club in your hand, you might also be thinking about an elusive hole-in-one," the club's website says.
6. Pottsville Golf Club (NSW): 6th hole
Only 77 metres from the women's tee, there's no need for power at Pottsville's sixth where a tiny green calls for accuracy and distance control.
5. Barnwell Park Golf Club (NSW): 8th hole
At Barnwell Park in the Sydney suburb of Five Dock, the 18-hole layout includes 12 par-threes and none shorter than the eighth.
4. Rosnay Golf Club (NSW): 16th hole
Rosnay Golf Club's home is the 18-hole, par-68 Auburn Public Golf Course in Western Sydney.
3. Victoria Park Golf Course (QLD): 17th hole
With its very long and slender green, Victoria Park's 17th can leave golfers with very lengthy putts.
2. Ardrossan Golf Club (SA): 16th hole
The only South Australian entry in our list, Ardrossan calls for a small carry across a ravine at its very short 16th.
1. The Dunes Golf Links (Cups Course) (VIC): 6th hole
Don't let the distance fool you; the sixth hole at The Dunes' Cups Course features a small green surrounds by pot bunkers.
Want video tips delivered straight to your inbox? Subscribe to iseekgolf.com newsletters.