Inverleigh Golf Club is situated about 30 minutes' drive inland from Geelong and features an 18-hole sand greens course.
In 1989 and 2014 the Victorian Ladies Sand Greens Championship was staged at Inverleigh before the club hosted the Men's Victorian Sand Greens Championship in 1994.
Inverleigh Golf Club had its beginning at a property owned by the McCallum Bros “Argyle Park” Inverleigh which was leased, and a nine-hole Sandscrape course was constructed by voluntary labour.
Competition commenced in July 1937. There was no clubhouse and players met under a gum tree, later a tent was erected followed by construction of a shed.
In 1972, a new 9-hole course was constructed on temporarily leased land owned by Mrs Merna Pearce on Shelford Road.
More permanent land was found in the 1970s and a 21-year lease of Crown land was obtained and accepted in 1977 at the club’s present location.