Originally there were 9 holes, some of which criss-crossed each other. The first 18 hole layout was designed by R.Stewart and L.Cocks and was completed mainly by voluntary labour in 1952. In 1956 a larger clubhouse was built and members were asked to contribute an extra 10 shillings or a bag of cement. In 1958 the club bought the present property for twenty thousand pounds and again with a lot of voluntary help the 18 hole course was ready for playing in July 1959.
Extensive development of the course and clubhouse facilities has occurred since that time to create one of South Australia’s finest golfing and social locations.